Frequently Asked Questions
Check most frequently asked questions here, and if you still need help please contact us at email@example.com.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Afterpay, Zip Pay, and Sezzle.
Please note that if you're paying with Afterpay you'll need to view the website in AUD currency.
Our Camera Backpacks are made with super strong canvas, however with proper care you can ensure your bag stays in great shape for a lifetime!
- ALWAYS wear your backpack on both shoulders. It's important to evenly distribute the weight of your gear across both shoulder straps to ensure they don't suffer any undue stress. By the same token, when lifting your bag to manouvre it onto your back, lift it with the top carry handle or both shoulder straps - never lift your bag by only one strap.
- If your waxed canvas needs cleaning, only spot clean with a damp towel, never put it in the washing machine or dryer. If a stain won't come out with water, add a small amount of mild soap (not detergent) to the cold water, rinse, and air dry.
Our Straps are built with quality hardware and materials, however as with all photography gear camera straps and hardware need to be routinely inspected and upgraded periodically. It is the responsibility of the camera owner to check the integrity of their gear regularly and ensure that all hardware is properly installed.
- Check the point where your metal clip swivels to ensure that metal on metal contact has not worn down the swivel pin.
- Check the clip is doing up securely.
Do NOT put in the washing machine, as you will damage the leather parts of the strap. Clean by hand using cold or lukewarm water (not hot as it could damage the nylon weave) and some gentle soap with a cloth. Once clean, gently press out any excess water and lay the strap out flat for a while to air dry.
Leather Straps and Harnesses
- To clean leather, first dust with a dry cloth. Follow this with a soft damp cloth in light circular motion to remove any dirt or grime.
- If leather feels dry, rough or hard over time, nourish it with limited amounts of olive oil* or leather conditioner with a soft cloth. This is more likely in places with a dry climate.
- Leather is not waterproof! While it can take a few drops of water, if it ever gets soaked through, you need to do some damage control. Gently dab with a dry cotton cloth and leave it in a dark, airy place. Once completely dry, condition it with some olive oil* or leather conditioner.
- Never clean leather with detergents, cleaning sprays or other harsh cleaning agents.
- Do not leave in high heat areas for long periods of time. E.g. inside a parked car.
* Note that applying oils may slightly darken the color of leather. Test how the leather will look by applying on a small area in an inconspicuous corner.
It's important that you LOVE your products, so if you're considering exchanging or returning, we're happy to do so if the item is in it's original, unused condition. If the size isn't right, we're more than happy to re-make and exchange for the correct size.
You'll need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a return or exchange, and have the item on it's way back to us within 10 days of receiving it. Unless it's deemed that the item is faulty, return and re-posting costs will be at the customers expense.
We stand by the quality of our beautiful products, and don't expect to hear from you, but if there is any concern please reach out to us. We will repair or replace any defective items according to Australian Consumer Law. Please notify us via email to email@example.com within 6 months of receipt to initiate your claim.
Tog Loot is not responsible for damage to equipment or injury related to the purchase and/or use of any of our products.
What is not covered?
Damage due to normal wear and tear; damage caused by lack of care, mishandling, accident, or abuse; damage caused by use of the product for other than its intended purpose; damage caused by improper or unauthorized repair or maintenance of the product; damage to a product that has been modified or altered; and damage to any cameras, equipment, or personal property used in conjunction with the product.
Wear and tear is damage that naturally and inevitably occurs over time as a result of normal use or aging. It is not considered a craftsmanship defect and is therefore not covered under warranty. Hardware needs to be routinely inspected and upgraded periodically. Eg. On camera strap clips regularly check that the point of friction from the swivel motion of the clips is not worn down and is completely intact; On camera backpacks support the weight of the backpack in a balanced manner by always wearing it on two shoulders to minimise wear on the top of the straps.
See our Terms of Service for detailed warranty information
In-stock items will be dispatched within 5 business days. Pre-order dispatch times are in the individual product descriptions. If you purchase a 'Buy it Now' item with a 'Pre-Order' item your entire order will be shipped together when all items are ready.
These are some of the estimated shipping times provided by the carrier - Auspost, however please understand that weather, pandemics, and public holidays can cause postal delays, so please order with plenty of time before deadlines.
Australia: 1-6 business days, depending on your postcode
New Zealand: 7-12 business days
United Kingdom: 10-15 business days
United States: 10-15 business days
Canada: 15-25 business days
Shipping is free for all orders over $200 AUD. Orders under $200 AUD will be from $9.30 AUD. You can check your total shipping cost by going through to the Shipping stage of the check out process.